While thinking through the account of Jesus’ birth, narrated by Matthew in the Gospel of Matthew, I began to glean some insight into the irreplaceable features of true love in a marital relationship. There I found that love in a Godly marriage possesses:
- A sacred purpose: Mary would be a mother, Joseph a husband and Jesus a child.
- A sacred pledge: they were ‘betrothed’.
- A sacred purity: ‘before they came together’ God worked.
- A sacred provision: the Holy Spirit was superintending events.
- A sacred protection: Joseph acted ‘righteously’.
- A sacred prompting: ‘do not be afraid’.
- A sacred place: called ‘home’.
- A sacred promise: Jesus ‘will save’.
‘It is ALWAYS to early to turn from the sacred state of marriage to pursue a man-invented, weakened, temporary alternative to Divine matrimony. Please think about it. Chuck